INFLUENTIAL ADVERTORIAL COPYWRITER
We are searching for an advertorial copywriter with a portfolio of original thinking, versatile writing styles, and proven success influencing behavior.
The advertorial copywriter should have years of experience working alongside an art director and marketing strategists to conceive, develop, and produce effective advertising and marketing campaigns.
What you will do:
- Write project creative briefs and interpret client provided briefs.
- Write clear, persuasive, and original copy across multiple channels including web, mobile, email, print, video, in-store and out-of-home.
- Create slogans, catchphrases, messages, and straplines for website banners, print advertisement, billboards, and brochures.
- Generate influential text for web advertising and email subject lines, as well as scripts for radio jingles and TV commercials.
- Work with media planners/buyers and the production department to fully develop an advertising campaign.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with our creative director and members of our graphic design and production teams.
- Present ideas to colleagues and clients.
- Become intimately knowledgeable of client products and services, brand and value proposition, target audience, and competitors.
- Proofreading and copyediting.
- Amend, revise, or redevelop advertisements or campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director, account team, clients, or focus groups.
- Oversee campaigns through the production stage to completion.
- Work on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often under tight deadlines.
- Storyboard for TV and radio work and listening to voice tapes.
- Liaise with production companies, photographers, typographers, designers and printers.
- Keep up to date with popular culture and trends.
- Monitor the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
What you need to do it:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- History of self-direction and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship skills.
- Capable of handling simultaneous projects.
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Skills we’d love you to have that will get you some serious brownie points:
- Online direct-response experience a major plus.
- Use of common SEO/website analytics tools.
- A hard worker with entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a rapidly evolving environment.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, as well as a fun, hard-working, and entrepreneurial work environment. Perks include casual dress, team outings, no cubicles, impractical jokes, 50+ awesome nearby lunch choices, no boring meetings, paid vacation, and a healthy insurance benefits package.