AGILE BACKEND DEVELOPER/PROGRAMMER
We are looking for an agile Back-End Developer to manage the interchange of data between the server and the users. This work would be done in close consultation with the front-end developer, project management team, and input from executive management. The right candidate is interested in all aspects of software application development, from designing, building, and testing high-performance database applications and APIs.
What you will do:
- Responsible for inputting into the creative/technical brief for the minimum viable product (MVP).
- Develop the MVP's back-end based on customer insights, existing product/databases, and team expertise.
- Coordinate closely with the front-end developer and UI designer to deliver the MVP and develop the back-end for additional MVP iterations.
What you need to do it:
- Knowledge of current back-end development techniques, methodologies, and best practices.
- Understanding of and passion for on going learning of PHP, SQL, MySQL, Rails, HTML, CSS, and other relevant programming languages to support the development of the MVP.
- Experience with Google App Engine, iOS, Angular JS, Phone Gap, and JSON preferred.
- A personal commitment to continuous learning and self-development.
- A degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- The ability to be employed in the US on a full time basis without restrictions.
Skills we’d love you to have that will get you some serious brownie points:
- Superb attention to detail.
- Capable of handling simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- A hard worker with entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a rapidly evolving environment.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, as well as a fun, hard-working, and entrepreneurial work environment. Perks include casual dress, team outings, no cubicles, impractical jokes, 50+ awesome nearby lunch choices, no boring meetings, paid vacation, and a healthy insurance benefits package.